The features of ALPS/HULL include:
- Progressive collapse analysis of ship hulls until and after the ultimate limit state is reached, using simplified nonlinear finite element method (idealized structural unit method).
- Any combination of hull girder load components, namely vertical bending, horizontal bending, sectional shear and torsion can be applied.
- Either steel or aluminum alloy ship hulls can be dealt with, considering the softening effect in heat affected zone caused by welding.
- Initial imperfections in form of initial deflections and welding residual stresses are dealt with as parameters of influence.
- Various types of structural degradation, e.g., corrosion wastage (general or pitting), fatigue cracking-and local denting are dealt with as parameters of influence.