2008-12-04: SR 4.0.3c (Service Release 3)
- Compatibility with AutoCAD 2009
- AutoCAD 2009: blocks did not render correctly
- AutoCAD 2009: Did not render HDRi's (2008-12-04)
- Crash when deleting clippingplanes that where turned off.
- Scripting Lights didn't work
- Mousepointer didn't work in the Material Docking Window.
- Improved Materials in Windows Vista
- Post Processing Depth Of Field didn't work.
- Advanced raytrace settings don't stick.
- Crash when running batch rendering in old AR3 interface.
- Walkabout window did not update correctly after rendering completes.
- Loading a model with AR4/AR3 data second time in a session causes instability on AutoCAD 2008 in some cases.
- AutoCAD 2008: crash when canceling "Floor Elevations" dialog.
- AutoCAD 2008: scale not correct when changing between metric and imperial measurement system.
- Materials did not save correctly in Windows Vista.
- Content Browser combo box navigation did not keep up to date in Windows Vista.
2007-06-08: SR 4.0.2 (Service Release 2)
- Limited support for Windows Vista
- Walkabout/Raytrace layouts do not appear until model is loaded.
- Smoothmove installer failed to run 1on Windows x64.
- Stop rendering doesn't work through toolbar (ESC-key press implemented instead)
- Serial number missing on about dialog.
- DXF import/export broken.
- Managers hidden when creating new document after closing all docs.
- Status command crashes AutoCAD when walkabout tab active.
- Batch rendering doesn't support schemes proper.
- Load a scheme doesn't change exposure settings.
- Saving new camera does not ask for camera name but uses "Copy of XXX" instead.
- Not possible to tag multiple blocks as lights or plants.
- About command crashes AutoCAD when on walkabout tab.
2007-04-13: SR 4.0.2 Service Release 2 Beta 2
- coMOTION crashes when when logging is enabled on AutoCAD 2007.
- Zone objects did not recover correctly from drawing corruption problems.
2007-02-14: SR 4.0.2 Service Release 2 Beta 1 Features:
- Increased maximum render sizes to 15000x15000
- Random objects get selected after running AR4 command.
- RPCs don't insert into model in certain situations.
- coMOTION wireframe preview does not work properly in AutoCAD 2007 with camera actions
- coMOTION crashes on startup if a newer version of DosLIB has been installed
- coMOTION zooms out when executing object actions and causes re-meshing of all objects.
SR 4.0.1 Service Release 1c
speed negates the need to set the raytrace delay in the options
dialog. This should speed up very large renderings (3000x3000 upwards)
by quite a lot.
Increased raytrace/radiosity delay edit box bounds to 30000 (30
A poorly optimized
core was causing slower rendering that usual. This is now fixed.
2006-09-15: SR 4.0.1 Service Release 1b
AutoCAD view sometimes renders the walkabout window instead.
Picking the render window not always working.
Thumbnails do not appear in content picker in AutoCAD 2007
ADT 2007 objects did not translate correctly in certain circumstances.
2006-08-31: SR 4.0.1 Service Release 1a
opens the video problems FAQ page when it detects a graphics card
versions could not run in Spanish.
Installing a localized version over an English version did not switch
Setting the AutoCAD view from a camera did not work correctly.
2006-08-16: SR 4.0.1 Service Release 1
to a layer and editing it will auto-select the new material.
Plants did not insert
correctly when dragging from the Content Manager.
Multiple plant insertions did not work correctly in AutoCAD 2007.
Saving a material from the open dialog did not work correctly in
Render window images were not saved correctly in certain situations
on Windows 2000.
2006-08-02: SR 4.0.1 Beta 3
to reopen toolbars (ar4_ReopenToolbars)
flickering after editing environment.
Displaying a rendering with a zoom factor < 100 prints "out
of memory" message to command line.
Render window function doesn't allow to pick points.
Switch to plan view broken in certain situations.
Switching to plan view system did not correctly work if the user
Changing an HDRi background while in Raytrace window and in perspective
mode in model space caused a crash.
Panoramas not displayed in panorama list after adding them.
Crash when opening object properties in certain situations.
Not possible to edit decals in certain situations.
Selection set removed after certain commands (Paisajismo)
Slowdown when inserting plants through other plugins (Paisajismo)
Crash in NSE in certain situations.
Grip editing a custom camera causes the frustum to disappear.
Cannot redock managers.
Mesh-edge artifacts appeared on reflective surfaces - this is now
coMOTION did not save animation preview images correctly in AutoCAD
2007. This is now fixed.
Some geometry did not render correctly in 2-point perspective views.
2006-07-04: SR 4.0.1 Beta 2
for AutoCAD 2007.
Added localization for French, German, Italian and Spanish languages.
did not insert correctly (broken in 22.214.171.124)
not saved to document.
Model space context menu calls deselect objects.
AccuRender menu did not always display in current workspace.
Managers don't update when copy/pasting objects.
The Farm: Items in job properties dialog not aligned.
Layer manager "by Layer/ by ACI" disappears to early when
resizing the dialog.
Layer manager: layers without materials don't sort to the top of
OPM: crash when changing number of lights in light dome.
OPM: not working correct on multiple selected objects.
Batch render manager shows incorrect job info when adding a new
job to a set of existing once.
Help button on light dome properties dialog not working.
Help button on network render job queue dialog displays empty page.
The speed of the Walkabout movements cannot be changed by pressing
the shift or control key.
Switch to plan view dialog pops up multiple times when inserting
Exposure lock button changes settings.
Exposure settings changes when pressing render button.
R15 version did not find libraries or bitmaps on active document
path (UI only)
Tutorial bitmaps were not found when moved out of factory location
16-bit displays caused some bitmap problems - a warning now appears
about this at startup.
2006-05-08: SR 4.0.1 Beta 1
Post effects now run on latest post effect SDK - 1.1
Render progress bar added to walkabout manager.
25% increase in rendering speed over initial AR4 release.
follows path" action crashed when attempting to set camera
CTRL + TAB doesn't switch between document when AR4 running.
Large renderings can cause AR to run out of memory while attempting
to save images.
Removed DLL image library support from thumbnail machine - should
solve threading conflicts
Shell extension was not properly added to Windows "Approved"
list - this didn't cause any known problems.
Content names were not properly localized in tooltips and certain
City and map names were not localized on the Sun/Sky settings dialog.
Crash when inserting light dome.
coMOTION rendering failed on certain localized AutoCAD versions.
Editor: crash when displaying material channel
Lots of localization issues fixed.
Auto-repeat walkabout motion buttons don't stay down.
Tutorial bitmaps were not in a location that could be found when
Crash in localized NSE in certain situations.
Batch renderings always go to the drawing folder
The Farm: Job menu not visible in localized versions.
Object properties dialog: help button not working.
Crash when deleting a light object while in paper space.
Some edit boxes were not correctly sized - this is now fixed.
Upgrade install was difficult because CD Autoplay was on during
in AccuRender 4.0
AccuRender 4 Beta. AutoCAD 2002, 2004, and 2005 including Architectural
and Mechanical Desktop. Once AccuRender 4 is loaded, you can type
AR4 at the command line to get the new interface. Or AR3 at the
command line to get the old interface. Both interfaces work.
New features include:
Still to come:
- coMOTION animations
- Post-render, real-time depth of field
- Post-render, real-time glare
- Post-render, real-time haze
- Distributed rendering for single frames and animations
- Polygonal groundcover
- Hundreds more materials, plants, and objects
Content browser with drag-and-drop support from libraries to:
Dockable panels stay open and update while other commands run. Panels include:
- Content Manager (materials, lights, RPC, plants, and favorites)
- Material Manager
- Light Manager
- Environment Manager
- Camera Manager
- Plant Manager
- RPC Manager
- Rendering controls
- WalkAbout navigation
Right-click to show or hide tabs. Tear off tabs to their own windows or place onto other panels.
Control content display on the AccuRender 4 tab in the AutoCAD Options dialog box.
- Assign materials to layers, colors, and objects
- Add bitmaps to materials
- Insert lights, RPC objects, plants, clipping planes, and objects
Drag materials onto layers of Architectural Desktop sub-objects without special configuration of Architectural Desktop or special display configurations.
Windows Explorer integration
In Windows Explorer you can:
- Access materials and objects
- Double-click materials to edit them
- Organize AccuRender folders
The Environment Manager allows:
- Quick access to environment settings
- Multiple environments
- Environment templates
Specify an environment that only reflects in objects, but is separate from the visible background. Use a separate environment to make metals and glass look better without having to change the background you see. Reflected environment settings are available through the Environment Manager.
Materials and plants are saved in the DWG file, so if the drawing is sent to someone else, it will render properly. In combination with AutoCAD's E-transmit utility, you can send a whole package to another person.
- In Windows Explorer, right-click bitmaps and choose Create AccuRender Material.
- Drag bitmaps over the AccuRender libraries to create materials.
- Use multiple bitmaps for batch conversion.
- Cameras take the place of saved scenes
- Cameras manage views
- Cameras contain environment settings
- Camera Manager controls multiple cameras
- Integrated graphical camera control for view manipulation
- Graphical controls in AutoCAD model space
AutoCAD Properties window can access AccuRender object properties including:
WalkAbout and raytrace views are now integrated into AutoCAD layouts.
The light dome object creates a complete environment of lights to implement a new global illumination scheme. HDRI images can be used as light sources.
Save images in the EPIX format for the Piranesi paint program.
AccuRender 4 lets you specify either photometric or non-photometric rendering method.
Since it captures subtle differences in light and can render realistic scenes over a broad range of lighting conditions, photometric render mode works well for interior and exterior architectural scenes. Lights are calculated using real-world units such as watts, and exposure adjustment of the image is possible.
For studio light scenes like product shots, automobiles, or booth structures with a smaller range of lighting or unrealistic effects, non-photometric raytracing mode tends to work well.
In addition the the standard navigation controls, use your mouse to navigate around the WalkAbout view.
Add floors and specify a floor name, floor height, and default height for lights and cameras. When inserting AccuRender objects and content, you can specify floor names.
From the AccuRender menu specify floor heights to assist in inserting objects.
You can now specify a command to run at the end of rendering. AccuRender can play a sound to alert you to the end of rendering. This allows you do task after rendering like sending an email or copying the file to another location.
Both the sun and parallel lights sources can cast soft shadows. Set the amount of shadow through the properties of each light.
Softness controls the angle of the shadows, Jitter controls the amount of noise to blur out the shadows, and Samples controls how many rays are cast to sample the shadow.
Increased samples and jitter give better control and quality.
Specify foliage density by plant to increase rendering efficiency. Reduce the foliage on plants that are in the distance or are grouped with others.
Missing material and decal bitmaps are reported on the command line.
A set of introductory blocks are included for insertion from the Content Manager.
Batch Manager provides new functions and integration. New commands to change environments, load cameras, change layer states (AutoCAD 2004 only), and run batch jobs.
Save photometric images to file. Edit the file later to apply brightness, shadow darkness, contrast and depth of field without re-rendering.