MAESTRO 2017 : summary of unique business value developments & special tools for Navies!
6 December 2017
another MAESTRO development year wraps-up, and 2017 has been memorable with regards to the very significant Unique Business Value tools added to the commercial MAESTRO version, some of which directly support Navy work.
Looking ahead to 2018, the present communication is intended to also support the establishment of next-year budgets, with special attention to the competitive and direct financial savings edges ensuing from the very high ROI use of MAESTRO.
The text below and attached PDF file provide a concise summary of MAESTRO 2017 outstanding features. Some deserve very special and immediate attention as they directly support a uniquely extended design process from the earliest stages:
Evaluation Panels Modelling Paradigm - the modern MAESTRO is as fine-meshed as need be:
- strake modelling is free of topological bounds and can extend at will in any direction
- MAESTRO Fine-Mesh directly refines the MAESTRO mesh itself
- model portions of any size, extents and mesh density can be imported from other sources
- cargo is modelled and integrated in the FE run explicitly, calculated and evaluated
- CAD models are imported and run directly, for as-built analysis and PLM support
- explicit corrosion mapping
Rational, Scantlings Based Optimization - this truly unique and genetically Naval Architecture tool set drives not just multi-criteria Weight and CG optimization, but also the actual design & production process thanks to the direct use of:
- Class Rules for Navies are implemented as Evaluation criteria and drive the calculation
- some commercial Rules are supported, too
- panel clusters ensure a homogeneous structural layout
- scantling relations, associations and constraints are defined by the designer
- just a few cycles are required to a Pareto-stable optimum solution, thereby transforming MAESTRO in a true design tool
Wave and SFA - direct mapping of motion induced forces are the core of the PLM-focused structural design:
- using a single point restraint, motion forces are computed as any other load case and included with static load cases in the standard MAESTRO run
- a single FE model is used for all load cases
- machinery, systems, cargo, loading conditions, weight and CG distributions ensure the calculation of a realistic and complete ship model
- calculations cover both time and frequency domains
- a full fatigue assessment becomes integral part of the design process and is also used forensically to ascertain the remaining life cycles for given mission profiles
- Evaluation-driven calculations provide a true, validated design environment
- design options and variants studies integrate the design cycle from the earliest phases
- corrosion is mapped directly on the topological model as a property of the element
UndEx - underwater explosion loads:
- runs directly on the same MAESTRO model used for all other static and dynamic runs
- a true design-stage tool set, validated against high-fidelity non-linear codes
- ultra-fine time stepping produces realistic shock loads
- full ship analysis
As always, the MAESTRO Marine team has achieved industry-leading goals and keeps MAESTRO at the forefront of FE-based ship & offshore structural design technology.
MAESTRO is more than ever a proven, extremely high-return investment already in the shortest term, and we invite you to consider making it the daily-use tool set developed expressly to serve your design team and process in 2018.
We are at your disposal for a presentation, demonstration and, thinking of 2018 budgets, a price quotation in time to start generating ROI thanks to MAESTRO in a few weeks 😊.
We look forward to continue working with our many, satisfied customers and partners, and to welcoming new ones in 2018 !
Read full details at MAESTRO 2017 : summary of unique business value developments & special tools for Navies